[ECOS] Re: Flash support for ea2648 target

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:52:00 GMT 2010

Please, do not top-post!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_posting

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 05:02:09AM -0600, viren.dobariya@aftek.com wrote:
> hi,
>   I check in sst_init function but my prog don't reach there.
> so, i debug whole code and findout from where it generates error.
>
> it returns from cyg_"flash_init function" from
> "ecos-3.0/packages/io/flash/v3_0/src/flash.c".
>
> In cyg_flash_init() function:
>
> #if (1 == CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE)
>   // Make sure there is one device, otherwise we could end up
>   // accessing a non-existent cyg_flash_dev structure.
>
>    if (&(cyg_flashdevtab[0]) == &cyg_flashdevtab_end) {
>         return CYG_FLASH_ERR_INVALID;
>   }
>
> >From above loop, it always return CYG_FLASH_ERR_INVALID.
>
> so that's why i get error given below.
> FLASH: driver init failed: Invalid FLASH address.
>
> how to solve this error?

As Uwe said, you have to check the real Manufacturer/Device IDs for your
flash parts.

So, first, take a glass and know what is "your" SST flash IC variant
is fitted on the board. Download data sheet and know the Device ID code
for the IC. If the codes will be different from the "Uwe's" parts, you
have to change the SST flash define here:

devs/flash/arm/ea2468/current/src/flash_ea2468.c

The available SST 39VFXXX parts (=defines) are described here:

devs/flash/sst/39vfxxx/current/include/flash_sst_39vfxxx.inl

I hope this help.

Sergei