[ECOS] Re: eCos host infrastructure build fails on Cygwin?

Night Walker walkerru@gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 21:15:00 GMT 2010

Hi John

Basically *pre-built* file ecosconfig.exe from the eCos 3.0 release works.
But the other problem exist:
-------------------------
Administrator@Rocket64 ~/ecos-tools/bin
$ ./ecosconfig --srcdir=$HOME/cvs/ecos/packages tree
mount: unknown option -- t
Usage: mount [OPTION] [<win32path> <posixpath>]
       mount -a
       mount <posixpath>
Display information about mounted filesystems, or mount a filesystem

  -a, --all                     mount all filesystems mentioned in fstab
  -c, --change-cygdrive-prefix  change the cygdrive path prefix to <posixpath>
  -f, --force                   force mount, don't warn about missing mount
                                point directories
  -h, --help                    output usage information and exit
  -m, --mount-entries           write fstab entries to replicate mount points
                                and cygdrive prefixes
  -o, --options X[,X...]        specify mount options
  -p, --show-cygdrive-prefix    show user and/or system cygdrive path prefix
  -v, --version                 output version information and exit

Valid options are:

  acl,auto,binary,cygexec,exec,noacl,nosuid,notexec,override,posix=0,posix=1,text,user
----------------------------------

May be any Linux needed, not Cygwin? Under what *nix the ecos-tools are working?
Or may be the other way to reach my goal?
My target is install the working Redboot on Linksys RV042 ixp425 board
(The RG boot is working and reports about ixpd425 compatibility during
the start process). I tried to install both precompiled ixp425
binaries from the eCos site: for Intel Residential Gateway and for ADI
Coyote. But no one has the COM output during the start. I thinked
about recompile redboot and i'm here )

Thanks,

Peter