[ECOS] [ecos-discuss] invalid ecos.db following cvs-update

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Wed Dec 1 16:10:00 GMT 2010

On 12/01/2010 09:05 AM, Bob Brusa wrote:
> Hi
> under windows xp with cygwin, I entered the command
> cvs -z3 update -d -P
> It goes through without error messages, but I end up with an
> ecos.db-file that is refused by configtool.
>
> The file starts with a sequence of >>>>>>> and also includes many cr
> (ASCII '\0x0a'). The usual header (comment-section at the beginning of
> the file) is missing. What went wrong and how can i fix this?

This indicates you had a conflict in merging the changes to that file,
most likely stemming from local changes to the file.

The easiest thing would be to do something like this:
   % mv ecos.db ecos.db.BAD
   % cvs up ecos.db
Then manually compare them and figure out how to merge your changes
into the master.