[ECOS] Ethernet reception error

Leandro Fanzone leandro@hasar.com
Tue Aug 17 12:32:00 GMT 2010

Hello, I'm using eCos under x86, and using an ethernet onboard card. If
I setup a simple TCP connection (eCos = server, Windows = client), and I
send something from the client to the server, with asserts on I have the
following:

     CYG_ASSERT( rxd + DS_BUFP + MAX_RX_PACKET_SIZE >= from_p,
                "from_p overflow in rx" );

within if_r6040.c, in r6040_recv(...). That only happens when I send()
packets roughly larger than MAX_RX_PACKET_SIZE (1536 bytes); below that
value there's no problem. On the other hand, if I turn off asserts, that
seems to produce no side effects whatsoever, but I'm never really sure.
Any insights? Thank you in advance.
--

Leandro Fanzone