[ECOS] More maintainers

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Mon Sep 21 20:27:00 GMT 2009

I'm concerned that there aren't enough eCos maintainers to
go around.

There are *trivial* patches that take much too long to get
any sort of attention. This is bad for eCos.

What's an acceptable turnaround for a trivial patch?

I'd say a week is longish, two weeks is a patch dropped on
the floor effectively.

I'm not asking that the current maintainers should spend more
time on eCos, but I am asking that more maintainers are
recruited.

I haven't made any statistics, nor do I track what patches should
have been committed, but here is a trival patch:

http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2009-09/msg00016.html

What's the best way forward here?

--
Øyvind Harboe
Embedded software and hardware consulting services