[ECOS] Switching to using git on eCosForge

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Thu Sep 17 14:10:00 GMT 2009

> The same could be said of any of the three :-)

My situation is that I have no choice but to learn git.
Linux forced me to. eCos could force me to learn
about mercurial as well. I'm try to be economic
with the # of tools that I teach myself.

> However, for distributed development, not using proper DRSC tools, whichever
> you choose, is foolhardy IMHO.

DRSC?

> I dont think you can say mercurial (or hg for short) is better for closed
> source.

I meant to say that I found mercurial nicer & friendlier at first
glance, so if I didn't have to interact w/open source *at all*,
then mercurial looked more attractive to me. As the
case was, I was forced to learn git first.

--
Øyvind Harboe
Embedded software and hardware consulting services