[ECOS] eCos VCS switch (was: Switching to using git on eCosForge)

Daniel Néri daniel.neri@sigicom.com
Thu Sep 17 14:02:00 GMT 2009

Alex Schuilenburg <alexs@ecoscentric.com> writes:

> I cannot speak for these tools, other than to say I have tried to
> import our internal CVS repository and anoncvs into all three and not
> one of them worked. git did the worst job, followed by bazaar then
> mercurial. And yes, I have tried cvs2svn to go via svn as well :-(

I've been tracking the eCos anoncvs using Mercurial for more than 3
years. At first I was using Tailor for conversion, but I'm currently
using the bundled "convert" extension.

The main problem for me was always the somewhat strange "grafting" of
the 'net' sub-directory into 'packages' using CVS module magic. I worked
around that by converting 'net' and 'packages' into separate Mercurial
repositories which I then merge (i.e. "hg merge -f") to make my own
working repository.

A switch of the public CVS repository to Mercurial would be a major
improvement.

Best regards,
Daniel