[ECOS] Switching to using git on eCosForge

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Thu Sep 17 10:52:00 GMT 2009

Does anyone know a reason not to switch to git for eCosForge?

My thinking is to use http://repo.or.cz/ to host projects.

www.ecosforge.net uses a version of subversion that is getting
a bit long in the tooth (1.4) and I'm just wondering if
git isn't a better choice anyway....

The plan is to leave the current subversion repository as-is and
let migration happen  eventually, deleting old repositories(they
are still there in the history) after migration to git.

The idea is to have one git repository per eCos repository(or
project if you will).

The first project I would like to switch to git, is nios2ecos.

--
Øyvind Harboe
Embedded software and hardware consulting services