[ECOS]problem with recent port of lwip

Bob Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:11:00 GMT 2009

Am 17.09.2009, 09:51 Uhr, schrieb Simon Kallweit
<simon.kallweit@intefo.ch>:

> Bob Brusa wrote:
>> Hi
>> I downloaded Simons recent port of lwip from
>> http://download.westlicht.ch/lwip-20090722.tar.gz as indicated in his
>> post of 29.07.09. I added it to my local ecos repository and was able
>> to generate a library including this new port. Then I moved on and
>> wanted to run the tcpecho.c - test. When looking at the tcpecho.c
>> source (with eclipse) most of the source is disabled, because
>> CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE_Sequential is undefined. I found it is defined in the
>> library file net_lwip.h, but eclipse tells me (using eclipse include
>> browser) that indeed, net_lwip.h is nowhere included by tcpecho.c.
>
> Well, if you have configured the Sequential mode, I guess this is a
> problem with the indexer of eclipse. Eclipse seems to not have found the
> CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE_Sequential. I've had similar problems.
>
> The way I currently work inside eclipse is to create a C/C++ project
> using the 'build' directory as the projectss main directory (the
> directory where you run ecosconfig).
Do you mean "as workspace"?
Then I add the ecos repository as a
> linked folder (I usually directly add the packages folder, as this is

There are several ways of doing this. What is the method of your choice?
I understand your link in "path2ECOSroot"/packages ?

> where all sources live). This way, eclipse will properly index the build
> environment (configuration definitions etc.) and you also have access to
> the repository sources. Make sure you run 'Clean Project' (right click
> on your project in the 'Project Explorer'). Eclipse will extract include
> file paths etc. from the output of the console during the rebuild. If it
> still does not find the proper configuration definitions you may have to
> manually reindex (right click on your project in the 'Project Explorer'
> then 'Index' -> 'Rebuild'). This should help.
>
>> Clearly, my next step will be to include net_lwip.h - but where? In
>> lwip.h and regenerate the library? I also doubt that Simon did not run
>> this test. So the problem is possibly a problem of my
>> configuration????? But which? I set the value of CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE to
>> Sequential in configtool. (My system: HW is custom built
>> at91sam7x-board, toolchain is GNUARM on windows xp. ) Configuration:
>> See attached ecm-file.
>
> No changes should be necessary to the actual code. Did you try building
> the tests anyway and run them on the target? As outlined above, it looks
> to me that you only have a problem with eclipse not finding the
> respective include files.
>
> Simon

Simon - just 2 quick questions. Please see above.
   Robert

--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionÀrem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/