[ECOS]interrupt mask in device at91serial.c

Bob Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:01:00 GMT 2009

Hi
I know its possible to configure the serial H/W to handle a driver signal
to serve an RS485 bus. Unfortunately, our board has the driver pin on a
different port and therefore I had to do the trick by software.

I have modified at91serial.c that when ENDTX happend, it enables TxEMPTY
interrupt and then if TxEMPTY happens, a private (configurable) callback
routine is invoked. The driver works fine this way - unless there is the
case that a transmitted message remains without answer. Then, upon the
next send, I can see that my software sets the driver on but something
puts it back imediately (app 230 us). This happens even before the first
character is on line. But it is clearly related to the call to

cyg_io_write(..

However, I can not find where the TxEMPTY interrupt is enabled. Is there a
at91serial.c-Guru somewhere who could give me a hint where this happens
and how I could fix it. Thanks and regards
    Robert