[ECOS] Mount a FAT partition

Alessio Bianchi venator85@gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 11:58:00 GMT 2009

Hi, I'd want to mount the only partition from a pen drive formatted in
FAT. My intent is to run a web server (as athttpd) from the pendrive
attached to a regular i386 PC and serve the files located on it. I have
a few questions:
- does eCos support USB mass storage devices?
- which packages should I add to do this?
I managed to configure the network and have the httpd serve hard-coded
pages. I added the packages:
   CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO
   CYGPKG_IO
   CYGPKG_LIBC_STRING
   CYGPKG_DEVS_DISK_IDE
   CYGPKG_IO_DISK
   CYGPKG_BLOCK_LIB
   CYGPKG_LINUX_COMPAT
   CYGPKG_FS_FAT
   CYGPKG_MEMALLOC
and used the mount command like this:
   x = mount("/dev/idedisk0/0" , "/", "fatfs:sync=write");
or
   x = mount("/dev/hda1" , "/", "fatfs:sync=write");
or
   x = mount("/dev/hda0/1" , "/", "fatfs:sync=write");
but I don't know exactly the syntax of devnames as mount returns -1.

I also tried to analyze the IDE debug infos but I don't have a serial
port available and I can only see on my PC screen the last portion of
the messages, which were not helpful. Does anyone at least know how to
scroll up (shift+PageUp doesn't work)?

Thank you very much
Bye
Alessio