[ECOS] Ethernet traffic causing loss of bytes on UART

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Tue Sep 1 15:24:00 GMT 2009

On 09/01/2009 08:36 AM, Alex Lindeijer wrote:
> Hi All
> This problem is fixed. The drivers that came with our Python MPC8541
> eval board, acknowledged the ethernet interrput in the DSR (after
> processing!) and not in the ISR.
> It seems to work fine now.

How does that have anything to do with losing bytes on the UART?

BTW, IMO it's not safe/proper to acknowledge the interrupt in the ISR.
The ISR masks the interrupt and only after the network stack has fully
processed the data is it acknowledged and unmasked.  Acking the interrupt
in the ISR could lead to missing some interrupts.