[ECOS] Re: What causes interrupted network system calls?

Nick Garnett nickg@ecoscentric.com
Wed Oct 28 18:41:00 GMT 2009

 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> writes:

> We do have CYGPKG_LIBC_SIGNALS (it comes in with one of the
> network templates), but nobody ever calls raise(), and I'm
> pretty sure nobody ever calls signal() either.

I don't think that package does any real signal handling. It is just
there to provide the minimal signal mechanism required by the C
library. It wouldn't cause these problems.

> Our copy of the network stack is mostly a few years old, so I'm
> going to see if I can build with a current snapshot of the
> FreeBSD net package.

I doubt that there will be much difference, but it is worth a try.

--
Nick Garnett                                       eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com       The eCos experts