[ECOS] Framebuffer driver for SSD1963

Jonathan Larmour jifl@jifvik.org
Wed Oct 21 00:05:00 GMT 2009

jerzy dyrda wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm going to port framebuffer device driver for SSD1963. Normal in such case
> is to find similar device driver and adjust it but I didn't find any "real"
> framebuffer. Only what's available from cvs it's synthetic driver.
>
> 1. What's going on, really known requires embedded graphic?

The layer was contributed by eCosCentric who have used it in customer
systems - so it does work, it's not work in progress or anything like that.

> 2. Maybe someone knows if it's available any "real" eCos framebuffer as
> reference module.

The synth driver can still act as a template in many respects, albeit not
as closely as a real one obviously. But you should find the framebuffer
package documentation to be extensive, including sample code.

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/io-framebuf.html