[ECOS] file stat mode bits and compatibility

Ross Younger wry@ecoscentric.com
Mon Oct 19 11:04:00 GMT 2009

Rutger Hofman wrote:
> I wanted to share a YAFFS file system between my eCos application and my
> u-boot bootloader. [...]
> The single incompatibility issue is the value of file stat mode bits.

This is something I wondered about (with eCos-Linux filesystem compatibility
in mind), but haven't had the time to give much thought to. Your proposal
seems reasonable to me; I agree that it ought to generally default off so as
not to break the existing behaviour. Perhaps, if we foresaw certain boards
as likely to need this option, we might require it in their platform HAL?

Ross

--
Embedded Software Engineer, eCosCentric Limited.
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge CB5 8UU, UK.