[ECOS] How to connect RedBoot via Telnet running application

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Fri Oct 16 15:40:00 GMT 2009

Please keep your replies on the mailing list so that all may benefit.

On 10/16/2009 09:07 AM, m mariga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Gary wrote
>>> I'd like to connect to RedBoot via Telnet during target's running net
>>> application.
>>> I tried to run nc_test_slave program as application and connect to
>>> RedBoot via Telnet from host's cygwin.
>>> The result is below.
>>>
>>> $ telnet 172.16.1.200 9000
>>> Trying 172.16.1.200...
>>> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
>> <...snip>
>>
>> Once your application is started, RedBoot is no longer available.
>>
>> Why are you trying to do this?
>>

> I would like to load new application object to target using RedBoot via
> Telnet from host PC during target's application running.
> Is it impossible ?

It is not possible.  As I said, once your application is running,
RedBoot is out of the picture.

> I got an impression from Anthony J. Massa's book that if setted two
> different IP addresses between RedBoot and application,I could connect
> to RedBoot via Telnet during application running. Am I mistaken ?

That's a reference to the ability of RedBoot to provide GDB
services via the network.  The rest of RedBoot's functionality
is no longer available, once your application starts.