[ECOS] Generel Information regarding ECOS

Gary Thomas gary@mlbassoc.com
Wed Nov 4 11:52:00 GMT 2009

On 11/04/2009 03:51 AM, bkankur wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I am working on ARM A8 cortex based processor having MMU. I would like to
> know following things which will be helpful:
>
> 1) Does ECOS support MMU? I tried to search ecos forum and I am a bit
> confuse on it.

Only at the most rudimentary level.  On ARM processors, the MMU
is typically used to remap memory to a useful & consistent layout.

> 2) What level of virtual memory implementation is done in ecos ?

None.  If you need VM, run Linux

n.b. there is no [public] port of eCos to the A8 or A9 processors.