[ECOS] eCos bring up on OMAP3530 (Cortex-A8)

Simon Kallweit simon.kallweit@intefo.ch
Wed May 27 11:54:00 GMT 2009

Nick Garnett wrote:
> Generally we would replace U-Boot with RedBoot in order to bring up a
> board. I have no experience of getting eCos to boot from U-Boot, maybe
> others do.

I have used U-Boot on an ARM based platform with embedded linux. For
work with eCos, I would definitely prefer RedBoot, especially as he
tries to bring up a new architecture and platform. I think getting
RedBoot to work first using traditional JTAG debugging is the way to go.
I can only speak for myself though.

Simon