[ECOS] ARM/LPC2468 startup from ROM

Libo Wang Wang_Libo@cortina-systems.com.cn
Wed May 20 11:12:00 GMT 2009

Alexander
Why don't you initialized your external memory control at the beginning asm code.
Actually, if you can init it before your first C function will OK.

BR
Thx
Libo Wang

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Alexander Aganichev
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:23 PM
To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: [ECOS] ARM/LPC2468 startup from ROM

Hello,

I noticed that ARM HAL puts stack in .bss segment, but before the HAL
get fully initialized, the startup code uses stack as well. The issue
is that external memory controller is not initialized at that moment
and .bss does not fit into the internal SRAM. I wonder how this issue
resolved on other ARM systems and is there any cleaner way than just
hacking ecos/packages/hal/arm/arch/current/src/vectors.S to put stack
in the segment other than .bss.

--
WBR, Alexander