[ECOS] Re: Moving to 3.0 from 2.0

John Dallaway john@dallaway.org.uk
Tue May 12 17:43:00 GMT 2009

Hi Bob

Bob Wirka wrote:

> I'd like to bring my Ecos 2.0 Redboot project to Ecos 3.0. This is originally
> for a Cirrus EDB9301 board. Cirrus added packages specific to the EDB9301
> board; all version 2_0. How can I migrate this 2_0 project to 3_0?

There may not be much work involved here. The most significant changes
at the HAL level relate to the use of a more recent arm-eabi toolchain
and the re-organisation of initialisation priority levels for certain
classes of device driver.

Try dropping your HAL and device driver packages into an eCos 3.0
repository and appending your package and target records to ecos.db. You
should find the issues fairly quickly. If it is not immediately obvious
what has changed, a CVS diff between 2.0 and 3.0 for some of the public
eCos platforms might be helpful:

  cd packages/hal/arm/arm9
  cvs -q diff -U5 -r ecos-v2_0-release -r ecos-v3_0-release

John Dallaway