[ECOS] NAND support

Rutger Hofman rutger@cs.vu.nl
Tue May 5 10:40:00 GMT 2009

Simon Kallweit wrote:
> I was wondering what the current state of the NAND subsystem from Rutger
> Hofman is. ...  I would be willing to
> contribute a synth NAND driver as well as support for the STM32 target.

What kind of NFC (NAND Flash Controller) would you use for the STM32
target? Their FSMC (Flexible Static Memory Controller) is embedded on
some STM32s. It has a NAND flash controller with hardware ECC support;
the NFC itself appears to just offer access to the NAND control/data
lines, so a driver might be based on my example GPIO NFC implementation.
Or would you choose some other option than FSMC, like some separate NFC
chip, or doing NFC with GPIOs?

I am most willing to support you during development, as best as I can of
course. Caveat: I never did anything with synth. How would one go about
a synth NAND driver?

Rutger

P.S. I am glad to hear that there more interest in NAND flash.