[ECOS] Re: Endianness of Linux synthetic target

Tarmo Kuuse tarmo.kuuse@mail.ee
Mon Mar 30 02:11:00 GMT 2009

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 02:37:24PM +0200, Tarmo Kuuse wrote:
[snip]
>> Today I learned something unexpected. When creating a jffs2 image for
>> synthetic flash, I MUST pad the image with 0xFF-s to full length.
>> Otherwise mount simply freezes.
>
> This probably has to do with the mmap() of the file. If the file is
> smaller than the flash it is supposed to be emulating, i guess a read
> off the end of the file is blocking....

Actually jffs2 finds zeros after it passes the end of file (repeats
message "Dirty bitmask at 0xsomething").

It continues reading zeros until the end of page (I think) and then
croaks soon after.

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

--
Kind regards,