[ECOS] linking a program for download to at91sam7x-resident redboot

Chris Zimman czimman@bloomberg.com
Fri Mar 20 15:41:00 GMT 2009

> Then I wanted to change my little hello-program by linking it in such a
> way to go above redboot in the flash. Actually I placed it at
> 0x00120000 -
> far above redboot - by editing the ecos-provided target.ld-file. The
> memory-statement in this file now reads like this:
>
> MEMORY
> {
>      ram : ORIGIN = 0x00200000, LENGTH = 0x20000
>      rom : ORIGIN = 0x00120000, LENGTH = 0x80000
> }
>
> However, when running the linker, it produces errors and reports
> vectors
> etc. to be out of rom range. Correct, but I think I do not need these
> vectors here. What else do I have to change in the loader file (or
> elswhere) to get a linked program to be downloadable to/with redboot
> where
> it will be launched by a cor. redboot command (or a script later on)?

I'm assuming you're going to relocate this into RAM (eg. you're using FIS,
and the 'load') before running.
If that's the case, you don't need to change the target.ld file.  Apologies
in advance if I'm mistaken, but
a little more info on what exactly you're doing would be useful.

--Chris