[ECOS] Making support for different flash sizes.

Rene Nielsen rbn@vitesse.com
Wed Mar 4 16:07:00 GMT 2009

> The preferred way these days is to use the V2 flash drivers, either
> CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_AMD_AM29XXXXX_V2 or CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_STRATA_V2.
> Both drivers support CFI initialization, so the driver will query
> the flash chip at run-time to determine size and block layout.
> That is much simpler than the old V1 flash way of supporting
> multiple devices.
Thanks for your advice, but we'd like to stick to the V1 flash drivers
for the time being and move over to V2 at a later stage.

I think, I've found the answer in the meanwhile:
In flash_abc.cdl, leave out the "requires CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_xxx" lines
and add cdl_options for the required devices in the *.ecm files instead.

Regards,
Rene Schipp von Branitz Nielsen
Vitesse Semiconductors