[ECOS] which address of FLASH should at91sam7s redboot burn to ?

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 08:54:00 GMT 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:34:16 +0200,  wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:49:46 +0200, jasonlee <famudingding2008@sina.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Typically ROM startup is used for building RedBoot.
>> make sure you startup is ROM.
>>
>> wb ning wrote:
>>>
>>> hello, everyone, i downloaded the  Prebuilt RedBoot binaries for Atmel
>>> AT91SAM7S. But After i burn the redboot_rom.bin into at91sam7s256's
>>> flash at address 0x100000, it can't startup when power on. The
>>> datasheet said 0x100000 is the beginning address of Flash. So i burn
>>> it there. I use the readelf command to find the redboot_rom.elf say
>>> its entry point is 0x100040, But when i burn redboot_rom.bin there, it
>>> can't startup either.  Can you tell me where should i burn the
>>> redboot_rom.bin, since the redboot_rom.elf is too large to burn.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Before posting, please read the FAQ:
>>> http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos

0x100000 is ok and it should work. The fact that it does not hints at an
other problem. Currently I see two possible areas of problems:

a) You write "prebuilt redboot" - please check, as adviced by Jason that
indeed your redboot was built for "startup ROM"

b) Then you write "...burn the redboot_rom.bin ...elf is too large to
burn" What do mean with this statement? The code in the elf-file is the
same as in a bin-file - except that the elf-file contains a lot of other
(debug) information. But that does not go into the target.
Regards Robert