[ECOS] Re: Problem with pc target and floppy/grub

John Dallaway john@dallaway.org.uk
Wed Jun 3 11:56:00 GMT 2009

Hi Daniel

Daniel Saltmann wrote:

> Here is my procedure to create the disk images, maybe there is a
> peculiar mistake:

[ snip ]

> ecos$
> cd ecos-3.0/examples
>
> ecos/ecos-3.0/examples$
> i386-elf-gcc -g -I ../../daniel1_install/include hello.c -L
> ../../daniel1_install/lib -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib

There are various compiler flags missing in the above line. Try building
the example code using the supplied makefile. Something like:

  cd ecos-3.0/examples
  make hello INSTALL_DIR=../../daniel1_install

Output should be to the zeroth serial port by default (equivalent to
/dev/ttyS0 on Linux or COM1 on Windows).

John Dallaway