[ECOS]How to run testprograms for lwip

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 12:19:00 GMT 2009

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:04:32 +0200, Simon Kallweit
<simon.kallweit@intefo.ch> wrote:

> Robert Brusa wrote:
>> Hi
>> I have included the package lwip_tcpip in my library and now I want to
>> run
>> the test programs that come with it. But how? Take e.g. tcpecho. I built
>> it using my library, then download it into my at91sam7x256-based board
>> and
>> run it. Nothing happens. What should happen? What "special actions" am I
>> supposed to do? Thanks for help.
>
> Do you see any diagnostic output on the serial port?
>
> TCP echo test will simply echo everything that's sent to the open test
> port. You can for example use telnet or netcat to send some strings to
> the device and get the echo responses.
>
> Simon

Hi Simon
yes, I see some messages on ser1. It appears every few seconds, but I get
the impression there is no answer comming back. I also hooked my PC to the
LAN with wireshark and there as well, I see nothing originating from my
board.

tcpecho: When attempting to connect to my board (where tcpecho is running)
with telnet 192.168.0.222 I get the message

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

I have the feeling its a hardware problem. The LEDs on the switch I am
connected to with this board also remain dark all the time.
    Robert