[ECOS] hello world app SEG faults with Linux synth target

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 10:45:00 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 02:25:11PM +0530, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> Some info on the new setup:
>
> $ cat /etc/issue
> Ubuntu 7.10 \n \l

Unfortunately, I did not try this distro. I use 7.04 and 8.04.3 LTS.

> I'll goto step 1 now.
>
> I have installed the i386-elf toolchain using the ecos-install.tcl
> script. Hope this is ok.

IMO, a way to build linux synth eCos with stable i386-elf toolchain is
more deterministic way to get synth working. BTW, you can just preset

cdl_option CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX {
    user_value i386-elf
};

and do not use those my CC=... AR=... arguments for make. And an absent
libgcc_eh.a is a minor issue.

Sergei