[ECOS] hello world app SEG faults with Linux synth target

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:18:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 04:30:05PM +0530, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:

> > ./install/tests/language/c/libc/stdio/current/tests/stdiooutput
> >
> > and then invoke that test with `--io' arg.
> >

> If I run stdiooutput with the "-io" opt, I get a bunch of errors:
>
> $ ./stdiooutput -io
> can't read "synth::_ecos_repository": no such variable
>     while executing
> "set _repo $synth::_ecos_repository"
>
> So I figure, that the ecos repo path is missing. After setting ECOS_REPOSITORY
> env var, I get a window (what is this? ecos console?) BUT no output!
>
> Am I missing something?

May be you do all are not leaving GUI tool (configtool). Try outside GUI:

Alt-F2, type and run

gnome-terminal

Chdir into tests dir, then invoke 3 commands in the terminal and send the output

1) echo $ECOS_REPOSITORY
2) gcc -v
3) tclsh
% info pa
^D

if ECOS_REPOSITORY is not empty, try invoke stdiooutput in that terminal
session.

Sergei