[ECOS] Re: ecos on simulator

Tarmo Kuuse tarmo.kuuse@mail.ee
Mon Jul 20 08:29:00 GMT 2009

Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> I'm planning to use ecos on the Atmel AT91SAM7X512 board, but it'll be a while
> before I get my hands on the eval kit.
>
> In the meantime, I plan to start my work on ecos (starting with
> porting, 2 drivers from
> linux).
>
> Can I run ecos on some sim environment (like qemu or some such)? Is it
> possible to
> run ecos inside a sim? If yes, what's the suggested sim i can use?
>
> I'm new to ECOS and this is my first time with writing any s/w for
> such an OS. I have
> some prior exp with Linux kernel programming though.

I can't comment on emulators. However, eCos has something which works
without an emulator - the linux synthetic target. This builds the ecos
and your program into a linux application. See:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-synth-arch.html

Hardware support is a bit thin, though.

--
Kind regards,