[ECOS] Re: fatal error when building ecos with lwip

John Dallaway john@dallaway.org.uk
Fri Jul 17 16:17:00 GMT 2009

Hi Robert

Robert Brusa wrote:

> Now it builds succesfully. It seems that the macro
> CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS_STAND_ALONE was the problem. Disabling it and
> it worked. However, I do not understand what this macro does - or
> does not. Has anyone a hint what this "stand-alone" means in this
> context. Thank you.

In this context, "standalone" describes a TCP/IP stack which does not
use the eCos kernel. Such a stack might be provided by RedBoot or by
application code. The various eCos ethernet drivers will be built
without interrupt handlers if CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS_STAND_ALONE is enabled.

John Dallaway