[ECOS] ecos memory footprint

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd@gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 04:52:00 GMT 2009

>> Anybody knows if ECOS can run in 64KB mem (or lesser) with the following
>> features:
>>
>> * USB Device/slave support
>> * SPI Driver support
>> * Networking support (for running a small webserver)
>
> This looks like a bit much for 64KB RAM. Maybe you can get it to work.

yeah! :)

I'm trying to build ecos from the at91sam7x template. I've completely removed
ISO C/POSIX packages. I have to dependencies unresolved!

* CYGPKG_ERROR requires CYGBLD_ISO_ERRNO_CODES_HEADER.

* CYGFUN_DEVS_USB_AT91_EP0 requires CYGPKG_IO_USB and
  CYGPKG_IO_USB_SLAVE.

Where do I get these macro's from? Which pkg has it?

Can't find them in the list of existing pkg's!

>> I've not yet narrowed down on my h/w yet...but Microchips PIC32MX460F128H
>> seems promising? But the sad part is that ecos doesn't show this in their
>> list of supported h/w.
>
> Some ARM7 devices like the AT91SAM7 are well supported.

Yes. Just hope they fit our budget! :)

-mandeep