[ECOS] Serial communications

Daniel Morris danielm@eCosCentric.com
Wed Jul 8 09:25:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 09:46:19AM -0700, grahamlab wrote:

> As per Nick's last suggestion I dropped the baud rate to 1200 - still no joy
> I added some diag_printf to the serial driver ISR to catch any status bits
> that might be set  -they are not.
>
> When I run serial3 it successfully receives 16 and 128 bytes. When 256 bytes
> are requested I am geting a timeout.
>
> There must be a reason for this!!!

Bad board? Bad cable? Bad serial port? Can you take a few steps back and
try to eliminate any changes or customisations you've made and run on a
vanilla evaluation board?

 Daniel

  Daniel Morris - Sales & Marketing Director
  eCosCentric - The eCos and RedBoot experts
  Tel: +44 1223 245 571 - info@eCosCentric.com
  DDI: +44 1269 591 171 - danielm@eCosCentric.com