[ECOS] Loading Hello World Application From Redboot

Chris Cuthbert nd6969@hotmail.com
Sun Jan 25 01:29:00 GMT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to run a hello world application by loading
it into RAM from Redboot. This application was built with RAM startup
and loaded into high memory. I am using an ASUS  i386 motherboard.
Redboot>load -m disk hda1:boot/ecos/basic1

The Redboot is loaded using GRUB.

When
I say 'go', I immediately end up with a GDB string. I have tried
attaching GDB to the serial port but I never get any stack trace. The
instruction counter shows that it is trying to execute at location
0x49435000.

I have successfully run this application by running it straight from GRUB.

Any ideas why ??

Thanx.