[ECOS]linker-script for ld v4.3.2

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:06:00 GMT 2009

Hi
I am using the arm-eabi-ld unpacked from
ecoscentric-gnutools-arm-eabi-20081213-sw.i386linux.tar.bz2. However, I
could nowhere find a documentation about the script-file for this version
of the linker. My application uses a memory-range (ram) that should not be
initialiszed upon start of the program. Therefore I must adapt the
target.ld-file provided by eCOS. Because I am a newbe w.r.t. linker
scripts, I dare to ask this question here. But firstly what I did:

In the source I assign these variables to .sticky and in the loader file
(MEMORY statement sequence) I specify:

     sram (!I): ORIGIN = 0x0020FF00, LENGTH = 0x00100 /* for nvv */

and further down (SECTIONS statements):
	.sticky 0x0020FF00 (NOLOAD) : { . = .; *(.sticky) } > sram  /* store nvv
here */

In an older ld-doc I read that ! inverts all preceeding attributes.
However, the example following had no preceeding attribute but only
trailing ones. Hence my questions:
a) Is the above correct or are there better ways?
b) Should the ld-doc state "following !" instead of "preceeding !" or is
the example somewhat misleading?

Thanks and best regards Robert