[ECOS] Re: Problem with precompiled Cygwin arm-eabi toolchain

John Dallaway john@dallaway.org.uk
Tue Jan 20 08:18:00 GMT 2009

Uwe Kindler wrote:

> John Dallaway schrieb:
>>
>> Good to hear that you are making progress. To narrow the search, you
>> could try comparing the output of:
>>
>>   strace arm-eabi-gcc -c test.c -o test.o
>
> I did this an checked the output of strace. In the output I could see
> that arm-eabi-gcc calls cc1.exe in arm-eabi\libexec\gcc\arm-eabi\4.3.2
> folder and this call failed. Then I tried to invoke cc1.exe from command
> line and finally a message box told me that the files cyggmp-3.dll and
> cygmpfr-1.dll are missing. I installed the packages libgmp3 and libmpfr1
> and now I can build the ea2468 target without any problems.

Thank you for the feedback, Uwe. The use of these particular DLLs makes
sense, but the silent failure without them is not helpful. I will make
sure that these requirements are included in the eCos 3.0 installation
instructions.

John Dallaway