[ECOS] Re: Cygwin mount mode still need to be text for eCos?

John Dallaway john@dallaway.org.uk
Thu Jan 8 08:02:00 GMT 2009

Hi Grant

Grant Edwards wrote:

> On 2009-01-07, Jay Foster <jay@systech.com> wrote:
>
>>> Does the mount mode still need to be text (DOS) when doing a
>>> cygwin install for eCos development?
>>>
>>> Text-mode mounting breaks a lot of non-eCos things...
>
>> I've always just used the default for Cygwin when installing
>> Cygwin (I ignored the eCos request to set it to DOS mode), and
>> have never had any problem.
>
> Glad to hear that.  I'm going to give it a shot, but wanted to
> see if anybody else had any experience with eCos on a normal
> binary-mode Cygwin installation.

The problem with working with eCos under a Cygwin binary-mode file
hierarchy is described at:

  http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2008-09/msg00071.html

For this reason, I will continue to recommend Cygwin text-mode for eCos.

John Dallaway