[ECOS] Pointer to multilib configuration docs?

Sergei Gavrikov sg@belvok.com
Mon Jan 5 10:40:00 GMT 2009

Grant Edwards wrote:
> Can somebody point me to docs on how mutlilib configuration
> works?  I can't seem to come up with the right set of search
> terms for google.

It seems that would be: "t-arm-elf" +bigendian

> I tried building arm-elf tools using the multilib/big-endian
> patches from the ecos web site, but that builds _way_ too many
> combinations of multilib since it also adds support for a bunch
> of arcitectures I don't care about (xscale, sa1100, arm9, ...).
> I've got a slow computer, and I just don't have the time to
> build hundreds of multilib combinations.

I would suggest to install 'ccache' then (http://ccache.samba.org/). At
the first, it's possible, you can get an extra multilib stuff and it
will take a time:-), but, the next builds (after every tweaking of
t-arm-elf) will be pass with rocket speed if you will install 'ccache'.
By the way, I use ccache to rebuild and eCos libraries. I've got a slow
computer too.

It's a good point to try http://gnuarm.org/t-arm-elf for a tweaking.

Sergei