[ECOS] eCos 3.0 beta 1 now available for download

Ilija Kocho ilijak@siva.com.mk
Fri Feb 27 16:44:00 GMT 2009

Hi John
>   $(filter-out -Woverloaded-virtual -fno-rtti,$(ECOS_GLOBAL_CFLAGS))

Very helpful, thanks. Here I learn some make magic.
>> I know these compiler flags come from ECOS_GLOBAL_CFLAGS but i need
>> info. how to get rid of them. Can I just remove them from
>> hal_arm_mac7100_mac7100evb.cdl? Btw. they are present in other platforms
>> too (LPC 2xxx, etc.)
>>

> The issue is that these flags are required for C++ files but deliver the
> warning you observe for C files. In the future, we should treat the
> CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS separately at the configuration level.

I highly encourage you for this. Having separate flags for C and C++ is
good even if they are 90% same.
You could introduce ECOS_GLOBAL_CXXFLAGS.

> Since CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_MAC7100 requires CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_BIGENDIAN == 1 you
> could reduce the number of initial conflicts by adding "-mbig-endian" to
> CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS and CYGBLD_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS in your platform HAL
> packages. However, some configuration changes are unavoidable when
> switching targets.

It didn't change the situation and since effectively it is not a problem
we can leave as is for the time being.

However I found out that setting CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_BIGENDIAN == 1
requirement triggers: CYGBLD_GLOBAL_FLAGS, CYGBLD_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS and
CYGBLD_HAL_ARM_EABI resolutions that look strange to me.

Regards
Ilija

P.S. Also thanks to Sergei for his post.