[ECOS] Some thoughts on ADC

Simon Kallweit simon.kallweit@intefo.ch
Fri Feb 27 13:17:00 GMT 2009

Andrew Lunn wrote:
>> Also, what do you think of a synth ADC driver? It would probably only
>> provide constant or random data on it's channels, but may be useful for
>> testing. Any ideas?
>>

> Saw tooth or sine waves should not be too hard.
>
> If you want to go a little further, with a bit of work it would be
> possible to open a file on the host system and read samples from
> there.

Reading samples from a file on the host may be a nice idea. I was also
thinking about interfacing the driver with a synth TCL script so it may
be extended easily. But I don't really like writing TCL scripts ...
already did some synth drivers for leds/key switches etc. and almost
pulled my hair out :)

Other ideas?