[ECOS] eCos 3.0 beta 1 now available for download

Ilija Kocho ilijak@siva.com.mk
Thu Feb 26 10:51:00 GMT 2009

Here's my report from testing MAC7100EVB:

Host environment: Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) on DELL Vostro 1510 2GB RAM

I tested "default" package configuration since it includes all MAC7100
components.

1.
Kernel compiled with 1 warning which i fixed and I shall send patch on
Bugzilla.

2.
Test application compiles (and runs correctly) with following warnings:
cc1: warning: command line option "-Woverloaded-virtual" is valid for
C++/ObjC++ but not for C
cc1: warning: command line option "-fno-rtti" is valid for C++/ObjC++
but not for C

I know these compiler flags come from ECOS_GLOBAL_CFLAGS but i need
info. how to get rid of them. Can I just remove them from
hal_arm_mac7100_mac7100evb.cdl? Btw. they are present in other platforms
too (LPC 2xxx, etc.)

3.
Also upon selection of MAC7100 in configtool following conflicts are
reported (and resolved by configtool):
    CYGBLD_GLOBAL_FLAGS
    CYGBLD_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS
    CYGBLD_HAL_ARM_EABI
Although they are resolved and make no problems I would like to remove
them and it should be possible since they do not appear in other
platforms (such as LPC 2xxx). Please some hints.

Best regards
Ilija