[ECOS] Interrupt stack on ARM arch.

Martin Laabs martin.laabs@mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Sun Feb 15 20:57:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've been looking in vectors.S in ecos/packages/hal/arm because I
get a trap when disableing the CYGIMP_HAL_COMMON_INTERRUPTS_USE_INTERRUPT_STACK
option.
There you find the following:

IRQ:
        // Note: I use this exception stack while saving the context because
        // the current SP does not seem to be always valid in this CPU mode.
        ldr     sp,.__exception_stack   // get good stack
        stmfd   sp!,{r0-r5}             // save some supervisor regs
        sub     r0,lr,#4                // PC at time of interrupt
        mrs     r1,spsr
        mov     r2,#CYGNUM_HAL_VECTOR_IRQ
        mov     r3,sp
[...]

Does this mean, that every interrupt will use the (much to small)
exception stack if no dedicated interrupt stack is defined?

Thank you,
 Martin L.