[ECOS]redboot fconfig produces Invalid FLASH address

Robert Brusa bob.brusa@gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:13:00 GMT 2009

Hi
I have generated redboot with the new arm-eabi toolchain for my
at91sam7x-base board. It seems to work but when I enter the
fconfig-command I get the following repsonse:

RedBoot> fconfig -i
Initialize non-volatile configuration - continue (y/n)? y
Run script at boot: false
Console baud rate: 38400
Update RedBoot non-volatile configuration - continue (y/n)? y
... Unlocking from 0x0013ff00-0x0013ffff: .
... Erase from 0x0013ff00-0x0013ffff: .
Error erasing FIS directory at 0x0020ea7b: Invalid FLASH address
... Locking from 0x0013ff00-0x0013ffff: .
RedBoot> fis free
** command abort - illegal memory access?
RedBoot>

Before digging into details: could anyone hint at what this "Invalid FLASH
address" could mean. According to the map, this address is not in redboots
range of flash or RAM-addresses. And the fis free-command corroberates
that something is wrong. But what?

   Thanks and best regards Robert