[ECOS] Interrupt vs Thread - shared resource

Szentirmai Gergely gergely.szentirmai@axelero.hu
Thu Feb 12 01:58:00 GMT 2009

Hello

I describe my problem with a simplified example: I have a thread, which
works with a buffer, and an ISR (or DSR), which would add some byte to
this buffer too, so it is a shared resource. Since it is unable wait for
a flag, or mutex in ISR, when the thread's code working with the buffer,
the interrupt can jam the data.
The only solution is to disable the interrupt for that critical section
in the thread? Isn't there a better solution?

I hope I was clear.

Thanks!
Gergely Szentirmai