[ECOS] Plese Help me

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 16:50:00 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 11:56:39PM +0900, Shu Higashiyama wrote:
> Hello ALL

Hello Shu,

> Ecos is developed in the environment of Ferora7.

That's great.

> Redboot is operating as for HAL now at the time of change based on
> Lpcmt of ARM (confirmed operation).

AFAIK `lpcmt' target is based on LPC2106 CPU which has 64K of RAM, so,
it looks like that RedBoot won't be very useful for your development,
thus it will be possible to run a couple of the eCos tests in RAM with
it.

> The kernel binary cannot be vomited though the kernel is compiled
> with configtool.  Please advise there is no description that vomits
> the final kernel image also in contents of makefile and the
> embarrassment.

If you expected that you will get something like `zImage' you won't
get the same thing with `configtool' (CT), but, you can build a set of
the eCos tests. If your HAL is the same as `lpcmt' HAL, you will get
the set of ROMable ELF images, if you select 'Build Tests' in CT. Use
JTAG to burn them into ROM. If your FLASH programmer does not support
ELFs convert got images to .bin or .hex formats with objcopy utility.
By other hand you can try to build a few set of the RAM images if you
select RAM startup in CT and rebuild the libraries and tests. The
built RAM images can be loaded into RAM with your RedBoot (I hope).
One thing: the build process in CT will be stopped on the first error:

    .bss is not within region ram

If you familiar with CLI you can build more the RAMAble tests making
`make' do not stop on the first error:

    make -k -C kernel/current tests

It's possible to build 36 RAMable kernel tests for `lpcmt':

    $ find install/tests -type f | wc -l
    36

But, IMO it seems for me that' better to use JTAG and work with
ROMable images on your target.

Hope that helps.

Sergei