[ECOS] Re: where's the printf output?

Jeffrey Krasky jkrasky@cs.umn.edu
Mon Apr 27 21:00:00 GMT 2009

> There is talk about that you need either a real target (in an example
> that's some abstract ARM evolution board) or the synthetic linux target
> which can "emulate" the real one on the _linux_ hosts only.

I need to get the words clear. By "real target" you mean something like a
board with some company's microprocessor on it, such as Atmel? (I mention
Atmel since a previous post today talks about AT91SAM7X256.) And by
"synthentic target" you mean that I would have a Linux machine set up to
emulate a board, and then I could eventually take the code from the Linux
to the board itself?

Is my understanding correct?

If so, maybe eCos is not for me? I want to run an app on a Windows XP
machine and I want to get some sort of RT behavior. Maybe I've had a
misunderstanding of what eCos is for.

Please comment if possible.

Thanks,

Jeff