[ECOS] eCos 3.0 on AT91SAM7X256

Bernhard Gebert bernhard_gebert@web.de
Mon Apr 27 16:44:00 GMT 2009

Hello!

as a beginner in eCos I want to start with the new 3.0 release on my
AT91SAM7X256.
What I've done:
* Installed CygWin and eCos on Windows XP - Very simple, thanks to the
developers!
* Built RedBoot using ConfigTool
     - Loaded Template "Atmel AT91SAM7XEK..."
     - Package "default"
     - Added Package "RedBoot ROM monitor"
     - Changed "Build RedBoot ROM binary image = 1"
  -> RedBoot_ROM.bin has a size of 78 kb
* Programmed RedBoot_ROM.bin to Flashbank 0 offset 0 using OpenOCD and
JTagkey
* Built the eCos lib with Template "Atmel AT91SAM7XEK...", no changes
    -> "Behave as a ROM monitor = 1" und "Work with a ROM monitor = 0"
* Built the example "hello" with (extract from makefile)
     hello: hello.o
       $(XLD) $(LDFLAGS) $(ECOS_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS) -o hello.elf
       $(ECOS_COMMAND_PREFIX)objcopy -O binary hello.elf hello.bin
       $(ECOS_COMMAND_PREFIX)size hello.elf
  -> hello.bin has a size of 46 kb

Now RedBoot is running, I can communicate via UART1.
My question is: How must I program the example into the flash to allow a
call from RedBoot or even automatic startup?
are my settings "Behave as a ROM monitor = 1" und "Work with a ROM
monitor = 0" correct?
Programming it simply somewhere and typing "go 0x..." did not work - as
expected.

Thank you,
Bernhard