[ECOS] eCos 3.0 on AT91SAM7X256
Mon Apr 27 16:44:00 GMT 2009
as a beginner in eCos I want to start with the new 3.0 release on my
What I've done:
* Installed CygWin and eCos on Windows XP - Very simple, thanks to the
* Built RedBoot using ConfigTool
- Loaded Template "Atmel AT91SAM7XEK..."
- Package "default"
- Added Package "RedBoot ROM monitor"
- Changed "Build RedBoot ROM binary image = 1"
-> RedBoot_ROM.bin has a size of 78 kb
* Programmed RedBoot_ROM.bin to Flashbank 0 offset 0 using OpenOCD and
* Built the eCos lib with Template "Atmel AT91SAM7XEK...", no changes
-> "Behave as a ROM monitor = 1" und "Work with a ROM monitor = 0"
* Built the example "hello" with (extract from makefile)
$(XLD) $(LDFLAGS) $(ECOS_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS) -o hello.elf
$(ECOS_COMMAND_PREFIX)objcopy -O binary hello.elf hello.bin
-> hello.bin has a size of 46 kb
Now RedBoot is running, I can communicate via UART1.
My question is: How must I program the example into the flash to allow a
call from RedBoot or even automatic startup?
are my settings "Behave as a ROM monitor = 1" und "Work with a ROM
monitor = 0" correct?
Programming it simply somewhere and typing "go 0x..." did not work - as
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss
More information about the Ecos-discuss