[ECOS] timer interrupt help

Jeffrey Krasky jkrasky@cs.umn.edu
Fri Apr 24 17:32:00 GMT 2009

Hi,
I've been reading about interrupts and how to create/attach them in eCos.
There is still one piece of information that I am not sure about.

My goal is to have a timer go off every millisecond, as precise as
possible. Is there a counter that I can register my ISR with so that when
the counter reaches a value that's equivalent to 1ms in ticks, it will
call my ISR? Or do I have to monitor the clock myself? I feel if I have
to monitor the clock myself I will not achieve 1ms granularity.

Thanks,

Jeff