[ECOS] arm-eabi-gdb

Sergei Gavrikov sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:31:00 GMT 2009

Graham wrote:

[snip]

> This worked - I manged to run gdb
> So what was wrong with my first application? I did not change any settings
> in the config tool, just used a default configuration. You will see that I
> am still getting 'Ignoring packet error' and it seems to take quite a while
> to download.
> THnaks for you help so far  - what could be wrong with my original
> configuration?
>
> Graham http://www.nabble.com/file/p22927519/report.txt report.txt
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p22927519/gdb.txt gdb.txt

Hm, I am looking at gdb.txt... I would say, It most likes not work than
works: 31 bytes/sec and a lot of re-transmissions. I wonder, How many
re-transmissions you have when you load thist `basic' using x-modem?

The second Q: Can you ping from Linux guest your windows box? I would
suggest to try serial-to-tcp bridge. But you can still play with GDB
packet's sizes

(gdb) set remote memory-write-packet-size 64
(gdb) set remote memory-write-packet-size fixed
(gdb) set remote memory-write-packet-size 64
(gdb) set remote memory-write-packet-size fixed

Sergei