[ECOS] Error trying to exec 'cc1plus'

Ross Younger wry@ecoscentric.com
Mon Apr 6 07:46:00 GMT 2009

Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
 > [bin/arm-eabi-gcc vs. arm-eabi/bin/gcc]
> So my question is: why are we given versions of the commands under short
> names, if they don't work? Is there some reason the commands with the short
> names aren't just put into the same directory as the versions with the full
> names?

You should always invoke a cross-compiler via its full name. The toolchain
provides the short-named versions for its own internal use.

As a general rule you should only add the directory containing the
full-named tools to your PATH - and this is what ecosenv.sh does - because
on a typical machine the short-named tools would conflict with the
host-native compiler and other tools in /usr/bin.

Ross

--
eCosCentric Ltd, Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge CB5 8UU, UK
Registered in England no. 4422071.                 www.ecoscentric.com